Education for your members
College is one of the biggest financial decisions many Americans will ever make (for themselves or the student in their life), yet too many do so without a plan, unaware of the right questions to ask, and uninformed on the latest traps to avoid. They’re playing the ‘Game of College,’ yet until now, only the wealthy had access to the Rules of this costly game.
That’s why LFE, a leader in the Financial Wellness field for well over two decades, created the 1st scalable College Planning Educational System for Credit Unions to provide for members. This unique solution is designed to help members save thousands on college, and avoid the costly mistakes … especially during April, Financial Literacy Month, as millions of families struggle to make life-changing college decisions this Spring.
College Planning: Benefits for You
Offering the 1st digital College Planning Education solution offers a variety of benefits for your Credit Union, depending on your structure and your goals. Here are just a few:
- Attract more individual members by helping them save thousands on college!
- Help existing members free up more money for other financial goals: Mortgages, car loans, retirement, etc.
- Lock in Exclusive Sponsorships in local High Schools
- Value-added benefit to offer existing Corporate Partners
- Marketing tool to attract more Corporate Partners
- Build member loyalty
Multiple Options to Fit Your Goals
LFE offers a variety of options for Credit Unions, based on your goals for 2021 and beyond. Our most popular is special 2021 Master Affiliate Plan where for one low flat fee, you can offer an unlimited number of CAP System Subscriptions in 2021 – whether it’s 500, 1,000, 10,000, or more!
The Master Plan also offers Affiliates a one-time opporunity for an Exclusive Sponsorship to local high schools at no additional cost. This marketing strategy is ideal for Credit Unions focused increasing visibility to the masses throughout the communities they serve.
Why Offer College Planning?
The Wall Street Journal warns Americans that College is one of the greatest challenges to financial security, yet the lack of basic education on the latest Rules of the costly ‘Game of College’ will force many to drain their retirement accounts, or blindly commit to tens of thousands in future student loan debt that may be nearly impossible to repay. Here are just a few of the dramatic new trends:
- Students with no College Plan spend up to 3.5 times more for college – Sallie Mae
- Unprepared for the job market, 41% of recent pre-COVID college grads work in jobs that don’t require a degree – Federal Reserve
- 60% of grads take 6 years or more to complete a 4-year degree, adding thousands to the cost of college – Dept of Education
- 4.6 million walk away from free college money every year – Forbes
- COVID-related college closings will leave students with worthless credits and degrees, and their parents buried in debt – MarketWatch
- 50 & Older: The 2nd fastest growing age group for student loan debt – Dept of Education
- 60 & Older: THE fastest growing age group for student debt – the amount owed grew by 33% in 2020 – Fidelity
Make 2021 your best year ever!
Offering this innovative new Educational System is a great way to increase visibility, gain a competitive edge, build member loyalty, and provide member benefits that will last a lifetime.
Together, we positively impact the financial lives of families in the communities you serve, while making 2021 your best year ever!